Finalist Interview for Singapore Blog Awards 2012

A while back, I signed up The Cosplay Chronicles for the Singapore Blog Awards 2012, mentally prepared to be wiped out (again).

Then a few days ago, I took a random look at my site statistic and noticed a few traffic coming from omy.sg . Curiosity got the better of me and I clicked on the link and the rest is history.

Yes, The Cosplay Chronicles is now a finalist for the V-log Category! And in line with the SBA’s publicity, all finalists are required to answer and create an interview entry. Here goes mine!

1.   How do you feel about being one of finalists in Singapore Blog Awards 2012?

Awfully happy and excited ! Being in an official Blogging Award is something I really wanted. Because it is really, the one thing that best validates the purpose and success of a blog. It is an official decree!

And if a Cosplay Blog can get attention on this scale, I believe it will also reflect the hobby in good light.

 
Smiling Kyoko by ~elpheal

 

2.   When did you start blogging and what drew you to it? Where do you get inspiration for your blog content

The Cosplay Chronicles started around August 2009. I've always liked writing and sharing and blogging was nothing foreign to me .

The amount of friends, knowledge, memories and life experiences I've gained through the hobby has really helped sculpted who I am. It has become a huge inspiration and motivation in my life and the life of many other Cosplayers. In short, it has greatly enriched my otherwise painfully boring life.


For Example by ~LennethXVII

Yet I found it so hard to explain this love to friends and families who are not as enthusiastic. Somehow I felt compelled to start something that can, in my own way, shed light into this otherwise mysterious and highly misunderstood hobby.

And through my years of costume making, I have learnt many skills that I know fellow cosplayers would benefit from. Coupled with the fact that I love to put my Cosplay friends in a spot by featuring paparazzi-ing and trolling them. A blog and Youtube Channel seemed like the right excuse to do all that and hence they were created XD


Knight of Zeroby ~LennethXVII


3.   How do you feel about the other Finalists in your category this year? How do you think you will fare compared to them?

They are awesome. Really D:! In fact, I think I've even watched some of their videos before this.

Truth be told, I think I barely stand a chance. I'm not trying to be humble but the brutal fact is my videos and blog is too prime forte. Statistically speaking, my content has lesser mass appeal and my audience are significantly smaller. Not to mention majority of my readers are non-Singaporeans T_T  There is also no indication that the judges would care for a sub culture…


The Warrior by *epi-corner


Nana: Solitaryby *zerartul


4.   Give a reason why readers should visit your blog and vote for you?

Because this is the only Anime, Manga, Games and most specifically, COSPLAY dedicated blog in Singapore Blog Awards 2012! Oh, there is also Jason from The Neo Tokyo Project but he is in another category. So yeah, how much more unique can it get :X? *gets bashed*


Sorceress Edea Final Fantasy VIII by ~Laurentea

if you are a fan of Japanese Anime, Manga and Cosplay, you should really take note of this blog. Not only is it one of the first Cosplay dedicated blog in Singapore, it will also teach you costume making skills, inform you of any upcoming  events and update you on what is the latest and hottest buzz around!

Okay, maybe not that pervasive. But aiya, you get the drift!

And if you think Cosplay is just another Halloween party by a group of delinquents, wait till you see what this blog can dish out. We’ll show u how far Cosplays can go and amaze you.

 
Stay away from Aerith by ~Arwenphoto


Laughing Octopus in splashes by ~Arwenphoto


Shiki 01by ~herotenka

 

===========================================================================

Singapore Blog Awards 2012  新加坡部落格大奖 2012 - Windows Internet Explorer 2252012 14208 AM.bmp

I hope you enjoyed reading my answers above. If you are keen to support The Cosplay Chronicles in the Singapore Blog Awards 2012. Pop over to their website and click on “Vote for me” . Omy member registration is required.

Fellow Cosplay Blog, The Neo Tokyo Project is in the running for another category too! So let’s show the mainstream kids we mean business! Like Bonni from COSPLAY: The Series said, “Don't forget to vote for them and have the cosplay world sweep the blogosphere awards! ;D”


From Howling Dragon Box - 04by *Kanasaiii

 
SKIP BEAT PRISONER by ~LALAax

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow CONGRATSS!!
Laurie said…
Oh Kaika you're leading! I hope it keeps up~
SengkangBabies said…
voted again, I know nuts about cosplay, and you are highly unlikely to see me wear makeup and costume haha.
But somehow, I love the creativity and passion behind cosplayers. Way to Go !

Popular Posts