Skip beat Photoshoot

*SUPER intensive graphic load and nauseating narcissm*


So my last photoshoot post got quite a few encouragements from you guys commenting that you like the content so I'm here for another! I reckon most of you would know of my shameless pimpin endeavor last month for ORA's Smiling Contest. And my submission picture was myself cosplaying as Kyoko from Skip Beat.


Skip beat (31)


Would you believe if I say this picture has not been touched up at all? (Not trying to imply I look perfect, I just feel that technically, it’s a very well taken photograph with adequate lighting and doesn’t need much touch up (as long as we look at it with eyes of kindness). Even though if I want to, there’s lotsss I can do Sad smile )

Photos in this entry are all unedited (at least not by me) unless otherwise stated. 


Skip beat (24)


It was a simple and very last minute Photoshoot so there's nothing spectacular arranged. Much thanks to Juliana for taking time out from her schedule to shoot with me =)



Skip beat (23)


The costume is comfortable and easy to make and I don't have any tips to share either. So I'm just here to share the gazillion amount of photos taken in a bid to lessen the amount of photos that have seen their graves in my HDD.


Skip beat (30)


Don't you just hate how you can take a few hundreds photos per shoot but only showcase 2% of it? So what happens to the rest of the 98%?! Starve and die in your HDD till the end of time!!!


Skip beat (29)Skip beat (33)

I don’t know about you but I can never get myself to delete the other photos away. So with every photoshoot, my HDD becomes 1- 2 Gigabytes smaller. Thank goodness memory space are cheap now.


Skip beat (34)Skip beat (35)

Check out Juliana’s awesome Photoshop skills Open-mouthed smile 

Skip beat (37)Skip beat (38)


The shoot was held at a popular local landmark and there were heaps of people everywhere. Trying to get an empty background was definitely not an easy task.


Skip beat (40)


Singaporeans who don’t know this place should be ashamed of yourself! Stop reading this post now and go explore your country!


27Nov10_Skip Beat Solo


Multitudes of test shots where I relish in expressing myself Open-mouthed smile Collage made with Picasa and some slight touchup done to prevent my eyebags from scaring you. Yes, IKR, the last 2 pictures are so manly. The ladies love me Smile


Skip beat (46)Skip beat (48)Skip beat (47)Skip beat (49)


I’m sitting in the shadow of Juliana’s Light Shade. My eyes couldn’t take the full glory of our cardinal Sun so you guys will just have to deal with the awkward shadow. Yes, my wig is really messy =(

 
Skip beat (50)


Really liked this picture even though its too blur =( The kite is real by the way. Great timing yeah xD?


Skip beat (85)


My fringe and face spoilt everything but I like how Juliana posed me ;D 


Skip beat (63)Skip beat (64)Skip beat (65)

This is narcisstic, I'm finding it hard to justify this post.... -_-



Skip beat (62)

Oh well, High 5 !

Skip beat (89)Skip beat (91)Skip beat (101)Skip beat (102)Skip beat (98)


One thing I realize after this Photoshoot which I seriously ought to have realised long ago. But you know what they say about a picture speaking a 1000 words. And I guess having photographic proof speaks louder than any theories.


Skip beat (111)
Skip beat (114)
Skip beat (116)


I realize If you don't want to have to post-process your photographs, then make sure you and your photographer set up the light well! 

The only reason why these photos are presentable without Photoshop is because Juliana (photographer) set up an awesome Light stand to illuminate my face. And we took effort to make sure my face is getting as much light as it could by facing the right angle or have a reflector to fill the light in.



Skip beat (122)Skip beat (124)Skip beat (125)
Kyoko’s not happy she has to mop the floors again


If you and your photographer can't afford a reflector, fret not! Just find some big white material (Vanguard sheet, styrofoam) and they can do the trick too!



Skip beat (137)

Skip beat (140)Skip beat (136)

Skip beat (141)

Kyoko the Saikang Warrior 


Skip beat (143)

Hold the lights!


Skip beat (144)

Oops!!!!! 


Skip beat (145)Skip beat (146)

Skip beat (147)

The long wait for Ren to be done with his interview…



Skip beat (142) copy


Abruptly ending my overly long and nauseating entry here because I’m really sleepy. I’m sorry I got too photo happy and hope I didn’t kill your bandwidth with my nonsense photographs.


You can tell I enjoy having fun and living the character when I’m cosplaying. Even though I admit, half of the pictures are me with a silly face but ….. you know you love Kyoko :D yea yea?



Skip beat (148)
Pink Panther Kyoko

Hope you enjoyed this entry! Leave me a comment to tell me you’r still alive after this photo flood :X



Comments

MadNati said…
I love the shoot! You're so cute in this cosplay >_<

I would love to see a journal about photography techniques and stuff...i love photography, but i'm quite a new in it, don't know a thing D:
Hexlord said…
Haha nice as usual~ esp the omake shots.

Gin never join you for the shoot?
Asche said…
Nice shoot! You're so adorable! >w<
So awesome~~
The way you choose to live as the character is really great~
Kai Kuchiki said…
Oh yes, I'm still alive..XDDD

I love those pictures too..they're awesome!!
self<---wants to learn more about photography and cosplay..XD
steph said…
nice post!! i really enjoyed lookin thru the photos :P

glad i bumped into u the other day, its been so long! we really should meet up soon, ur nougats are expiring in may! MAY!!

haha and now i know what i should get you for your next bday, MORE HDD SPACE!
pohcbSonic said…
cute.
"yeah, adore kyoko. maybe should try the dark moon shots" XD
Lydia said…
I love your wig. Where did you buy it?
Mari said…
This is superrr cute~
Can't wait to see more!!

Popular Posts